General girls..whats your views on a chap in a 500 abarth?

Currently reading:
General girls..whats your views on a chap in a 500 abarth?

Not as much taste as a BNW 1.2 Lounge, according to one local wonky eyed schoolgirl! ;)

just abit bored before i get ready to go out.

what impression does a chap in a 500 abarth give you?

put you off?or think hes got taste or?:)
Does it matter what other people think?

I may be married but even before I got married I couldn't give a flying **** what anyone else thought of my car.

doesnt bother me either, but if im out in cheltenham on a sunday night (peak time for the boy racer crowd here) i do get a lot of looks from the girlies sat in the backs of their boyfs beat-up corsas and ka's.. well, the car does anyway - but i tell myself it's me :)

i know it dont matter what people think i was just curiose in what impression it gives.e.g boy racer?etc lol.as the normal 500 is nice and appeals to alot of girls...just wonderd what affect the abarth gave:)

I have no problem with with the concept of a man behind a 500, whatever version it is. I do think the Abarths are more masculine, but it certainly doesnt make me feel any more respect for a fella just because he might have an abarth, because for me I kind of feel that its a cop out, they love the 500 but can't cope with sitting behind the wheel of whats pecieved to be a girlie car, so they then get the masculine option. So I sort of feel pleased to see a fella behind the normal 500's, its not about being in touch with their femine side, just that they like the 500 enough not to care what others might think and say! Its a car not a dress!

TBH, only seen one and that was parked. Having said that, If I do see a 'masculine' car (VRXs, Imprezas etc) I'm always pleasantly surprised if they are driving normally, ei. being courteous and considerate - but that doesn't happen very often, I have to say...;) Generally, all versions of 500 appeal to me no mater who drives them!:D

Lol there is a guy who teaches in one of the schools I trained at who drives a 500 and all the staff rip him for it, maybe he'd get less hassle if he had an abarth as they are seen to be less girly - but I think he has good taste either way. :)
Anyone can easily 'butch' a normal 500 up a bit if they do think they're too girly. The new DIESEL ones are lovely but I do see them more aimed at guys than girls. Think this was one of their ploys to reach a wider target audience...

It's only because it has rounded headlights and is based on a car from decades ago. We've gotten used to boring square headlights now, but back in the 50s and 60s, almost every car had big curvy bodywork and round lights with plenty of chrome, classic cars are not girly or feminine. Look at the Panda, almost the same car but square body/lights and yet it's not remotely "feminine" or "girly"

Maybe it's instinctive human nature that causes us to see a face in every pattern that makes cars with round headlights look more like a face, and is therefore considered "cute" by some.

Girls do love the light colours. I had a beetle convertible in cream with a cream interior and a black roof. You could almost see them wanting to come over and talk - more so with the roof off in the sunshine.

Generally blokes butch tastes and what girls like are complete opposite. Take that 500 that was modified by (MS 500) in another post. I bet loads of blokes on this site like this with it shopping cart rear spoiler!

So a white Abarth umm, would have to be the red leather interior me thinks. a nice hair cut. If they did a convertible version well, I think you would be on a winner.

:D

Last edited:
Back