Girlfriends Step Dad - Advice needed.

Currently reading:
Girlfriends Step Dad - Advice needed.

Rawb

- Amateur Detailer -
The basics of it is.

Her mum will let me drive her anywhere, she thinks im a competent driver etc.

It gets a little interesting when her step dad raises the fact that he is indeed a trained Police driver and he'll have his say.

Behind my back he has moaned to my girlfriend saying 'You will not get in his car' etc.. You get the picture. Obviously a bit more severe than this.

This bloke is well known for domestic abuse and at the moment I think he is working shifts on the control panel at HQ because he went against someone higher up. God knows, rumours. :(

See, I really like my girlfriend... but he is now in control and putting it all in jepardy.

To become a trained Police driver you have to be 21 with 3 years driving experience and enough years in the force to have a chance?

I have 1 years no claims. Haven't crashed in 17 months of driving.
I have even offered him to come for a drive with me.
I have been looking at driving courses, skid pans etc.
I don't want to be branded as one of those statistics. Help me out. (y)

I wont give up without a fight, so what exactly can I do?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. if this is in the wrong area - move accordingly. :rolleyes:

The basics of it is.

Her mum will let me drive her anywhere, she thinks im a competent driver etc.

It gets a little interesting when her step dad raises the fact that he is indeed a trained Police driver and he'll have his say.

Behind my back he has moaned to my girlfriend saying 'You will not get in his car' etc.. You get the picture. Obviously a bit more severe than this.

This bloke is well known for domestic abuse and at the moment I think he is working shifts on the control panel at HQ because he went against someone higher up. God knows, rumours. :(

See, I really like my girlfriend... but he is now in control and putting it all in jepardy.

To become a trained Police driver you have to be 21 with 3 years driving experience and enough years in the force to have a chance?

I wont give up without a fight, so what exactly can I do?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. if this is in the wrong area - move accordingly. :rolleyes:

is he colour blind or just thick? point out to him that you are a green car driver

wtf has that got to do with it, it isn't your driving that he is worried about, he thinks you are going to shag her in your car, but everyone knows you aint getting layed if you drive a green car

wtf has that got to do with it, it isn't your driving that he is worried about, he thinks you are going to shag her in your car, but everyone knows you aint getting layed if you drive a green car

PMSL!!!

Yes i can see where he comes from - he doesn't want the S.Daughter in a car with a Young person who's not been driving overly long

But its tricky really

Doing lots of courses lets him win saying - making you think your a crap driver and that you need more courses / lessons

Its up to the her - not him
Police driver or not - There on the roads - its not yourself you have to be careful its the other idiots on the road

Ziggy

Red car ;) It's diesel too, Punto is long gone unfortunately.

I don't fancy my chances being in the worst colour for crashes.

Don't mention green car and shagging in the same sentance, makes me sick (n) it also proves your statement incorrect. :yum:

dave is on a roll tonight

Down a hill at this rate... :rolleyes:

is she over 18?

That is where it gets tricky. 15, although 16 soon. I have no intentions to do anything with her. Just a good laugh etc. But she has no control over what goes and what doesn't.

PMSL!!!

Yes i can see where he comes from - he doesn't want the S.Daughter in a car with a Young person who's not been driving overly long

But its tricky really

Doing lots of courses lets him win saying - making you think your a crap driver and that you need more courses / lessons

Its up to the her - not him
Police driver or not - There on the roads - its not yourself you have to be careful its the other idiots on the road

Ziggy

Exactly my thoughts, Although it is up to her mother I think... What is the whole deal with step dad's control over a step daughter if my girlfriends real dad approves of me driving her around?

Seeing as she is under 18, She is still a minor.

Thanks for the input.

im not very helpful but if shes 15-16 then not a lot anyone can do except the mum

but then after i open my eyes and read it properly i realise its her stepdad so depending on how respectful she is to him and all that jazz then he should GTFO

imo :p

edit: im also looking forward to the beards reply as he has been viewing the thread for a while now

Last edited:
im not very helpful but if shes 15-16 then not a lot anyone can do except the mum

but then after i open my eyes and read it properly i realise its her stepdad so depending on how respectful she is to him and all that jazz then he should GTFO

imo :p

edit: im also looking forward to the beards reply as he has been viewing the thread for a while now

I was kind of hoping someone very knowledgeable such as himself would be along.

I need to know about the whole step dad - dad - mother kind of thing, who has the choices? who has the last say etc?

I was kind of hoping someone very knowledgeable such as himself would be along.

I need to know about the whole step dad - dad - mother kind of thing, who has the choices? who has the last say etc?

as far as i know the step dad has no say in her life whatsoever unless he has adopted her,

its down to her mum and dad

get her to tell stepdad she dumped you, then arrange for tim1989 to go over and take her out. next day stepdad will be welcoming you back with open arms

a cunning plan :ROFLMAO:

That depends entirely on the dynamic of the house.If he is the abusive sort then he probably has the last word, or else if you get my meaning. :(

But I got to say if it was me, I'd say the exact same if I had a 15 yo step daughter with a 18 y/o guy.

That depends entirely on the dynamic of the house.If he is the abusive sort then he probably has the last word, or else if you get my meaning. :(

But I got to say if it was me, I'd say the exact same if I had a 15 yo step daughter with a 18 y/o guy.

agreed

no offence to you rawb im sure your a loverly guy etc etc but me personally wouldn't like the idea of my daughter or step daughter with an 18 yo + guys

on the flip side if the mother and father is happy with it then ultimately it is there choice

as far as i know the step dad has no say in her life whatsoever unless he has adopted her,

its down to her mum and dad

a cunning plan :ROFLMAO:

You say it is down to her mum, I can see straight through her. She knocks my girlfriends confidence all the time... basically saying 'what the hell are you doing with her, you can do so much better' and that she isn't the perfect daughter she wanted etc.

But then the Step Dad has the control in the house, what he says goes. As is the same for a lot of households but he'll have a strong influence on the Mother because he's previously *beaten her up... So she is scared and will choose exactly what he says

Very shallow. MILF material though. Dave would be rubbing his hands ;)

*rumours.

You say it is down to her mum, I can see straight through her. She knocks my girlfriends confidence all the time... basically saying 'what the hell are you doing with her, you can do so much better' and that she isn't the perfect daughter she wanted etc.

But then the Step Dad has the control in the house, what he says goes. As is the same for a lot of households but he'll have a strong influence on the Mother because he's previously *beaten her up... So she is scared and will choose exactly what he says

Very shallow. MILF material though. Dave would be rubbing his hands ;)

*rumours.

pictures please :p

why dont you just sack the girlfriend off and get on the mum, sorted!

Back