getting annoyed with this Haynes manual now! help lol

Currently reading:
getting annoyed with this Haynes manual now! help lol

bulldog5046 said:
FFS lol, after all that i found it, and luckily i do i have enough oil (y) mmmm...tasty castrol for tomorrow then

There you are Ryan and you didnt need to go to spek savers :p :D

remember to turn the engine over to fill and prime the oilfilter before final top-up and measure. if it requires say 4.5 ltrs[example], put 3.5 in and turn engine over[remove coil lead]. this will prime filter. then continue to top-up. do not overfill. and do not overtighten the sump plug. you will be amazed how many people get it wrong.:)

sumplug said:
remember to turn the engine over to fill and prime the oilfilter before final top-up and measure. if it requires say 4.5 ltrs[example], put 3.5 in and turn engine over[remove coil lead]. this will prime filter. then continue to top-up. do not overfill. and do not overtighten the sump plug. you will be amazed how many people get it wrong.:)

was just about to go do it now, whats overtight? i'm using a 12mm allen key so by hand no extension on that? remebering i'm not perticually well built, or shall i just do it up till its tought then tighted it if it leaks?

well no need tro worry about me overtightening it, i cant get the bastard thing off:( i had a foot long wrench on the end of the key but it just wont shift, time for a garage to brake it and replace it for me i think

The Negotiator said:
So you tried to twist from the passenger side wheel to the driver side wheel?

yeah, i was trying to explain it in my other post but then it just sounded stupid so i removed it

EDIT: i really dont wanna try again, i think i might rip the head off the sumplug

Last edited:
Back