Tuning Getting a little more power

Currently reading:
Tuning Getting a little more power

Flappjak

I'm just looking to get a bit extra power out of the 903 carb engine, I would swap the engine but with me working 4 days a week and the other 3 at college I can't really have the time off to do the engine swap neither can I take the panda off the road. So I'm just looking for a little extra power for hills and just to play about with. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this? Would cams or air filters be quickest way?

Chuck out any extra weight from boot, get decent set of spark plugs, lower tyres profile, shell V power nitro+. Best to look for the 127 sport engine but it won't be cheap.

Just had new sparks and shell v power in can't really notice the difference apart from running smoother and getting the disturber diode soon to get it sparking at better times and the engine swap I want to try and avoid which is why I was wondering if you can fit any other cams on

What other 'cams', if you got spare £400 some motorsport company will get it made but havn't heard of 'of the shelf' ones, in case of 999cc you can use 4x4 cam.

you want to put the ohc cam into ohv engine? :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

stay where you are with the car and enjoy the weak but economical 903ccm ohv. (y)

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]You can do this by following below mentioned modes: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Performance Air filter : The cheapest way to add some power to your car is generally to fit a performance air filter.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cold Air feed[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]cold air is denser than warm air. Getting colder, denser air into your engine will allow for a more volatile mix in your combustion chambers – meaning the potential for more power.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Performance Exhaust system[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: With performance air filter and cold air feed, and your engine now breathes a little bit less like it’s asthmatic.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Engine Management Grade[/FONT][FONT=&quot] : Modern fuel injected engines are controlled by an on board computer (the ECU or engine control unit), which takes readings from your engine’s various sensors and then gives out settings that are appropriate to the demands of your engine.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High Performance Intercooler[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Once you’ve got your engine breathing and thinking more efficiently, it’s time to get a bit more serious[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Kolza, you must be joking

A bonnet scoop like Fall Outs to make it go faster........

You can only make it go faster if you have an old spare frying pan lying around!!!!

Use the frying pan for a scoop and lay off the bacon and eggs.

Less weight = more speed.

Dave

look, all i am saying is the punto 75 engine does not really do much.. apart from make the car get to 70mph a tad more fast. while using a little more fuel than the 999cc engine.
im sure Fallout would speed up better if all of his metal was taken off.

thats it now... i'm keeping out of this.. >_<

would robbing the twinchoke carb and manifold and 4branch exhaust manifold off a 1050cc 127/ autobianchi A112 not give you a decent power increase ??

would robbing the twinchoke carb and manifold and 4branch exhaust manifold off a 1050cc 127/ autobianchi A112 not give you a decent power increase ??

Depends on how much your looking to add hp wise.

I got 60hp out of my little 903 by changing.

Camshaft 274º (Fast Road) that you can get from Tony at Middle Barton Garage. Weber 32 DMTR carb and I changed my exhaust system so I could use a 4-2-1 manifold.

The pick up was by far better but I did also take it to a rolling road to get the carb set up perfectly!

Word of warning though as I got burned with this. Do a little bit of research on the air filter. Those aftermarket little pancake K&N style filters are very actually restrictive!

Back