General German Colours!

Currently reading:
General German Colours!

pandafan

Don't polish it, DRIVE IT
Black is black (I want my baby back), Dah-be-dum, etc.,

Technically speaking, 'Black' isn't a colour...it is the absorbtion of all colours, just as 'white' is the reflection of all colours and therefore is not a colour either.
I just thought I'd share that with you...Gosh, is that the time !?!
NURSE!:devil:

Steven

Go on the Fiats!
I've checked with my 9 year old son and he has confirmed that black is definitely a colour. So is white. His teacher told him and teachers don't lie. :)

Steven

Go on the Fiats!
christopher watson said:
red, yellow and very dark grey :D

Very good Chris. :p

My point remains though. If a car is white or black and you are asked the colour you say white or black. You don't explain that it isn't actually a colour at all. :D

grinni

thats exactly the difference between the definition of a word and how people use them. thats sometimes very interesting.

but i know what you mean, dont worry :)

pandafan

Don't polish it, DRIVE IT
Golly (un P.C. ?), this is fun. it's like my favourite art's site; but with a 'fire' engine !
If you wanted to produce 'true' black or white you would have to have (sic)access to ultra-violet and infra-red sources...plus the rest of the dark/light spectrum.
Now
My head hurts

:spin: :spin: :spin: :life: :whogives:

Nuova500

Czech It Out!
talking of the war.... there is a spitfire fly past near us this afternoon to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the first flight, should be five of them.
Ginni, you are lucky, there is a huge model shop in Aachen, was there on a Sunday and it was shut! Do you have a Panda then? Your English is superb, better than most of ours!

Tony M

eh?
nuovapanda said:
Your English is superb, better than most of ours!
Eh!?... anyways... colours, depends how they are constructed... ask a printer you'll get one answer, ask a painter you'll get another... ask anyone who works with computers.. and you'll get one quite similar to the painter but not as boring.

it's just colours at the end of the day... innit.