general repair question.

Currently reading:
general repair question.

ok got major leak in my car from someware it is soaked under teh carpet we talking squeezing unsulation and it runs out anway its water not coolant. soo question is

what is best place to take to find a leak and fix it and dry rest of car out.

a) a normal garage ie fiat dealer or independent general purpose garage

or

b) a body repair shop?? i have used my local fiat body repair place before and they are very good.

opinions ?

i would try and source the leak yourself.can get heavy on labour for just looking for the leak.once found and solved ytou really need ot get the car garaged and the windows open to get it fully dried.
took a couple of weeks to dry the vec but this was with not using it

its a fiat so get used to it :(

likely suspects-
sunroof
windscreen
drainage pipes blocked below windscreen causing overspill

all are easily fixed by yourself, so dont get any garage involved.

on your car the windscreen is most likely, its bloody common. best to get the windscreen removed and refitted, although you can try removing the exterior sealing strip and apply some silicone behind it ;)

yeah im wondering about windscreen as seems to come in teh from the front as one of teh weteest areas is the insulation under teh pedals that goes from flor pan upto window. iys just soo freakin wet under there :( paint is pealing of the sound deading on floor part :(

soo it could be water gettng in under the seal that goes round the windscreen soo if i seal teh seal lol to the windscreen that may sokve it . had to do ths once before on an old rover

ps> if this neeeds moving to punto thread please move

:( paint is pealing of the sound deading on floor part :(

If it's coming from under the dashboard and the paint is peeling then check your coolant. Anti-freeze is corrosive towards paintwork so see if the cooling system is losing fluid through the heater matrix.

If not, I'd suggest taking it to one of the big car washes, run it through while sitting in the car and see if you can spot where it's coming in. Take a torch to shine into dark areas.

Another suspect could be the air intake for the ventilation system getting blocked with leaves causing the heater airbox to fill with water and leak into the cabin. Worth a look :idea:

Back