General General maintenance of cinquecento

Currently reading:
General General maintenance of cinquecento

Cento900

5 months owning my cinquecento is has never let me down but for a 21 year old car what can I do to ensure it keeps going for another 20 years?

any info appreciated :)

Main issues will be rust (especially at the back of the rear wheelarches) -- this kills a lot of Cinqs, leaking inner CV gaitors (wrecks the gearbox if not spotted very quickly and sorted) -- only an issue on the 899s. Otherwise, just regular fluid changes, spray grease on the wiper linkeages every couple of years (under the carpet stuff on the engine bulkhead) and yearly strip and regrease of the rear brake actuator elbows.

Headlights tend to simply break, so if you spot good ones in a scrappy (no sloppy bulb holder) snap them up as spares -- you can always sell them on later.

im not in the know when it comes to parts cv gaiters are? as I have a noise coming from mine when I accelerate in 1st gear and power doesnt really touch the road

every time I drain the coolant and refill with fresh it turns brown within a week? engine guide aswell please ;)

Haynes is good. :) Lots of cheap ones on eBay.

You can buy a radiator flushing compound from most factors -- just put that in a little while before you dump the old anti-freeze , undo a few of the hoses and run a hosepipe through them -- and most of the olde rust will come out.

CV gaitors -- there's one by the wheel, one by the gearbox on each driveshaft. If the inner one cracks on the 899, all the gearbox oil comes out.

what about the air fuel oil filters will these make any real difference? I got all the history with it for the last ten years but nowhere sjows thats these jave been changed but it goes through the mot quite well

Back