General Gearbox

Currently reading:
General Gearbox

carl2745

Been told I need a gearbox for my fiat multipla 1.9 elx 2004 been noisy for a while and trying to jump out of gear now looking for a good second hand one if any body can help.

OP
OP
C

carl2745

Which gear is it jumping out of?
It's not actually jumping out of gear feels like it just a lot off banging juddering just had new clutch fitted about 2 months ago when they were doing that when they drained oil out of gearbox found metal pieces in it was wondering is the gearbox fitted to any other models?

widemouthfrog

semper in merda
Have a look on the forum ePER (if it's working). The link to it is in the black band at the top of the page. Click through to the page where you see a box on the left that you can enter your VIN into. Note that the FF ePER dates from around 2005, so if your car is newer than that, the VIN check won't work.

Once you've put your VIN in, confirm the vehicle details it shows on the following pages are correct. From there on in, any pages you search in ePER will grey-out the parts that don't apply to your car. Find the page showing the entire gearbox assembly. Make a note of the part number.

Once you've got that, go back on ebay/Gumtree/local scrap yard and search using that part number. Alternatively, stay on ePER and look up cross-references for other model ranges that use the same 'box. Different gear ratios within the 'box will bring with it different part numbers, so this may take a while to work out. Look at the mounting points in the diagrams. I know that gear pairs from a Stilo 'box can be swapped into a Multipla one (I did that mod myself to raise 5th gear). That's no guarantee the casings will be the same, unfortunately.

Have you tried calling DA Motors? They may still have a Multipla 'box knocking about.