Technical gearbox trouble

Currently reading:
Technical gearbox trouble

my gearbox sh@t itself pulling out of a junction, has been with the dealer now for 6 weeks. (nearest dealer to me is 90miles away) gearbox mount broke and it cracked the diff casing resulting in the need for a new 'box.
Fiat sent an assesor out to inspect it and he said it was accident damage, and i replied how the fook can it be accident damage when i havent hit the fooking car, very p!ssed off. i had to fork out £120 for a private assesor to come and inspect the car and he said its a mechanical fault.
the assesors report has been faxed to Fiat UK and awaiting the decision on wether or not they are going to fix it. damn sure i am not paying the £960 + VAT for a new box as my car is still under warrenty with a full service history from new.
anyone had the same problem?

what actaully happened to it mate?
Im having trouble engaging and disengaging gears in my stilo now, poxy thing.
Its due in for an 'inspection'.
I hope you get it sorted mate, i dont know hey, these companies!!!

well i took off out of the junction and heard a grinding noise so i took it down the road to a mates house, he has a lift, so i put it up on the lift and looked to see what was a problem i have half a gearbox mount hold the whole thing in, the 'box moved and cracked the diff casing, requires a new box, i hope to god they fix it. i had no problem selecting gears just constant grinding noise and the whole thing was about to fall out.

that inspector fiat sent out needs a good kick up the arse for saying i crashed the car :(

Hi It took me 9 weeks to get a new gearbox fitted to a 3 week old car.

Fiat have problems, don't give them an inch. Forget the dealer and contact fiat customer services directly. I had eventualy to threaten them with leagal action and low and behold a new gearbox was fitted within 7 days.

:mad:

Big Black Stilo said:
Will it took nearly 6 months and an exploded gearbox before they changed mine

well i have been without my car for about 7 weeks, and its doing my head in. they need to sort this A.S.A.P as im getting really really p!ssed off. i love my stilo and have big plans for it. ordering a set of coilovers in the next week or so. and i need it back as i need the car for work. they need to get their fingers out. (n)

8weeks now i have been transferred to a different part of fiat uk as my car is in its 3rd year of warrenty and i had to send the assesors report off to them. so i will ring them tomorrow and see if they have made a decision yet, really starting to p!ss me off

Back