Currently reading:
Gearbox Overhaul...Seicento SX 1.1...

SeicentoKat

Ciao!

New here...
I have a Seicento SX 1.1 2001 and love it to bits!!
But it sounds like an aeroplane!!
I need to overhaul the gearbox and wheel bearings...can anybody suggest the best transmission bearing kits and wheel bearings please??

The OS diff seal has a leak, not dripping but the casing was damp and it sounded and felt dry, so I did a gear oil change using Comma SX75W90 and it felt and sounded much better. A week later I had it on a ramp and noticed the damp leak was now wet, which would make sense cos the oil level was higher after refill. Now after a month a sound has developed and grown louder like an aeroplane: now it's loud bearing noise as opposed to dry gear tooth noise and vibration as per before gear oil change.
So...I need a good transmission bearing kit and I'm changing wheel bearings as well cos the wheels are rotating rough. I been told that rough wheel rotation is normal for these: is that right??... abit weird if it is!!

It's a bit corroded but I'm gonna ignore everyone's advice to get a new car cos I'm a classic car lover and find modern cars boring and numb to drive. Ultimately, I'd love to restore it, get rid of all the corrosion: underside and subframes; rear especially, possibly lower the suspension, swap the steel rims for alloys, put a turbo on it...I read a post here from someone asking advice on how to modify it and was told to sort the handling first, but also suggesting to put a cam shaft from a Punto 75 in it for more valve lift...sounds good to me!!

Please could any one advise Please??

Thank you...Grazie mille!!

Back