Technical Gearbox oil for a x250 3.0 euro 4

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox oil for a x250 3.0 euro 4

nigelvan

Hi guys,
Checked around on the forum but couldn't find a definitive answer.
I want to change the gearbox oil on my 120000km Jumper 3.0 from 2007 (EURO4). We just started using the van in august to travel in Europe and did about 10000km with it in 2 months. I think it wouldn't hurt to change the oil to keep it in good condition. Would Tutela technyx 75w85 be the good one?

Shifting is good, only thing I noticed is a squeaky/light grinding noise when releasing the clutch pedal too fast when down shifting to 2nd or 3th or in 2nd when accelerating fast... but I dont know if this is related to the gearbox or the clutch. this sound is just momentarily.

It seems I need 75W80 for the EURO4. Gonna go with Liquimolly, can't be bad...

Hi, Got my Castrol from Amazon, no problem. It looks like you might be developing the same problem as me going by the description you gave. 2nd gear syncromesh. My advise is to look after your 2nd gear as if it were made of glass. Avoid using it as much as possible to try and make it last, as it will no doubt fail in time. Identifying which gearbox you have is a nightmare and spare parts are as rare as rocking horse .... All the Best. Ian.

Thanks guys! Will get the right oil.

About the syncro: this noise can be heard when already in gear (2/3th). It happens when declutching too fast, but also, when re-accelerating after for example, a speedbump. Even when staying in gear the whole time.
It doesn't seem to be getting worse though, and I try to drive as calm as possible.

Back