Technical Gearbox oil change

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox oil change

DieselHead

Hi all,

Today I was determined to change the gearbox oil on my 1.9 mjet. However the fill up plug wont budge and Ive tried all the possible ways. I was wondering if its possible to fill up the m32 gearbox from the "level check" plug like you seem to be able to on some other cars. As seen on the picture the main problem is the bracket which the battery holder is mounted on covering up the plug, so I cant get direct access

Attachments

• 1466530713065.jpg
    1466530713065.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 99
Ive always filled and topped up cars using the level plug without problem. Including my t jet. The fill hole in my opinion just allows a quick fill at the factory. Fill slowish and re check after a drive if worried

Ive always filled and topped up cars using the level plug without problem. Including my t jet. The fill hole in my opinion just allows a quick fill at the factory. Fill slowish and re check after a drive if worried

I just removed the check level plug got a shower of gearbox oil, now going to remove the drain plug, how did you fill up from the level check plug mine is sideways?

Saw a very neat gearbox oil filler in Skopje last year, An old tin oil can with an oil pump fitted in it, crank on oil pump drive and flexible hose attached, Put oil in can, hose in gearbox filler and turn crank! Simple and cheap

Back