General Gearbox oil change

Currently reading:
General Gearbox oil change

martoon1611

Hi.
I've got a 2007 grande punto 1.4 8v and its coming up of its annual service. Just wondering as I have never done the gearbox oil when is it due on time as I've done about 45k. Also I haven't got any undertray and have noticed on a few other cars with them on. Does it depend on the model?
Cheers

Whats the gearbox like at the moment? is it smooth and quiet? I'd personally change it for piece of mind.
it is not going to do any harm if you do decide to change it though :)

Don't worrie about not having an under tray. I think they come out of factory with one but I haven't got one now. never have :) but I don't believe its down to vehicle 'spec'/ 'model'

Yeah running all OK at the moment don't seem to have any issues tbh. it hasent been done since day one so might as well just to be on the safe side. :)
Oh right I had some pictures sent over from fiat that was all and one had an undertray but if you say it isn't going to cause any harm then I won't worry about it save some money buying one Lol
Cheers

Yeah running all OK at the moment don't seem to have any issues tbh. it hasent been done since day one so might as well just to be on the safe side. :)
Oh right I had some pictures sent over from fiat that was all and one had an undertray but if you say it isn't going to cause any harm then I won't worry about it save some money buying one Lol
Cheers

level check here:

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-pu...-4-8v-manual-gear-oil-level-check-top-up.html

drain is at the back of the diff IIRC

Back