Styling Gear Shift Knob Thread Size?

Currently reading:
Styling Gear Shift Knob Thread Size?

SkemoKyle

Good Evening everyone!

I'm fairly new to driving and am looking to customize my little punto a little bit, I'm looking at a replacement knob for my Mk2 and I'm unsure of the thread size.

I've discussed with the chappy making the custom knob and he can make it so it fits the reverse lockout, I just need to know what the thread size is :(

If there's anyone out there that can help me - it'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

~Skemo

Fairly certain the gear knob is a push fit onto a tappered fitting so no thread. They often come loose with age, mine came off whilst I was changing gear on the test drive and ended up on the back seat. It is now held on with to araldite.

I would suggest pulling yours off and giving it to the person making the new one so they can take measurements for your specific car.

Annoyingly my gear knob is broken, as pictured. I'm just trying to find out if I can just get s custom new one. ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1423200654.567673.jpg

Annoyingly my gear knob is broken, as pictured. I'm just trying to find out if I can just get s custom new one. View attachment 149370

There is no thread you can see that in your own picture it's a simple push fitting.

Any aftermarket or custom gear knob just needs grub screws to secure it and a recess for the uplift reverse, you can buy these off the shelf no need for expensive custom jobs.

Worth noting all aluminium gear knobs are very unpleasant in cold weather as they give the palm of your hand frost bite

A new replacement from fiat seeing as it's plastic is probably around £10 (I bought a full leather replacement for my Saab many years ago from the main dealer for £21 so they are really not that expensive)

Back