Technical Gear Selector Rod

Currently reading:
Technical Gear Selector Rod

AdamJCooke

Any clues how we can make this point in the right direction?

It wont turn any further anti clockwise but will turn clockwise a way with very little resistance. It's as if it's out of sync with the workings below.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCF3307.JPG
    DSCF3307.JPG
    716.2 KB · Views: 75
First post was very short so here's the long winded version.

I'm on the home stretch of a full rebuild and upon assembling the Gear Selector Rods/Re-attaching them to the relavent points on the Gearbox i have come up against some issues. The rod that controls forward and backward movement is functioning perfectly but the second sideways control rod isn't doing anything.

There are no issues with the cables from the gear stick through to the rod ends but the rotating selector pin on the top on the gear box case (See attatched pictures) has very restricted movement. It can only move around 45degrees but it also feels frictionless as if it's not attatched to it's relavent pieces within the gear box.

I'm following the Haines manual but i'm finding no help from it and am very urgent to get this working.

Thanks in advance...i hope haha.
Adam J. Cooke

Attachments

• DSCF3308.JPG
    DSCF3308.JPG
    784.3 KB · Views: 39
Adam,
did you solve this problem?

I'm very keen to know as i have exactly the same problem after refitting my transmission.

cheers

Pete

Hello guys,

did you manage to solve the problem? I'm having the same issue and would grealty appreciate any tips.

Thanks,

Stijn

P.S.: Sorry to bring up an old post but this seems to be a common problem with the punto gearbox.

Back