Styling Gear knobs

Currently reading:
Styling Gear knobs

Danno

I'm doing some interior mods on my Punto Active Sport '03, and i'm trying to fit a new gear knob. The problem is that the old one does not seem to come off easily. Does any one know how to remove it (if it can be removed)?
Thanks.

I have read a posting about this before.First you have to butcher off the plastic gear knob, then You have to saw off the metal bit which holds the plastic bit onto the gear lever. Apparently it is a bastard of a job but it will come off if you are careful. Good luck.;)

2000 ELX , (1998 60S got mashed)

Dunno about the Mk2 punto, but with the Mk1 you have to take a stanley blade to the plastic gear knob and prise it all off...bugger of a job! I suppose you could use a hacksaw, it might be quicker!

You should then really hacksaw some of the gear shaft off...makes your gear changes alot quicker!

www.Mobz.2U.co.uk
Logos, Ringtones and FREE phones.

Drive it like you stole it!

i removed the gear knob off a mk1 today, just a straight upwards pull, dont twist.
quite easy to be honest,was expecting it to be a nightmare.
got a pick of the lever without the knob on if anyone wants to see how the knob is held on...

If u believe look 2 the dawn.. There can be only one true god

my hubby removed my gear knob just by pulling it, but be aware he had to put all his strength into it (he aint a small bloke) nd nearly knocked himself out when it finally came off.B)
i drive a mk1.

sexy black 3 door punto with wild yellow interior.

So you can also just pull it off, i have a mark 2 punto and i want a cool knob i don't want to saw it off though, yeah do u have a picture of a oil wrench, can you use anything else like a screwdriver and prise it off?

If only i had money for my car?!

just pull hard, straight up, might have to get daddy to help :p;)

EVERYONE- SPRAY YOUR PUNTOS BLACK
sdfdfggd.jpg
fggdgfrdde.jpg

David

well i pulled like f**k and it finally come off got a nice racex on with leds :)

cheers to wolfrace for helping me on the same q on another thread

Got any pics Lemzip??

I don't think I'll change mine, it's leather trim, and sometimes people will say, whats this your car has six gears, and I'll be like yer man, and they'll be like yer you're so cool, I want be you, lol :D[:eek:)]

Punto MK2 Sporting 16v, Full Abarth Bodykit + Alloys.

I had three days off for this weekend, so won't be off now for a while :(

Going Skeggy with the lads Saturday night though, get wasted stay in a B&B, all good fun :D

Back on topic: some pics would be cool :)

Punto MK2 Sporting 16v, Full Abarth Bodykit + Alloys.

Back