General gear knob

Currently reading:
General gear knob

jamie03

i have tried and tried to get my gear knob (l.u.r) off my punto but it just wont budge, I have bn told off my m8 i need to get a full gear-stick if i want to change it but is this the case, I have really tugged it hard but it won't budge. any ideas?

thanks

I assume it is an mk1 right? Cause on the mk2 all you need is shift into 4th, and start tugging at the knob, and make sure nobody is behind you!

Neo-The Matrix said:
I assume it is an mk1 right? Cause on the mk2 all you need is shift into 4th, and start tugging at the knob, and make sure nobody is behind you!

always a good idea to make sure no one is behind u when tugging your knob :D

ChrisHGT said:
always a good idea to make sure no one is behind u when tugging your knob :D

lol i dont think u2 are on about the same knob

how much is it safe to take off the gear stick?

Well, there is a knob and there is a KNOB....

What do you mean gear stick? The whole assembly? cause for that you will have to remove all linkages and joints, and putting them back together is a pain.

I cut off about 1cm below the taper, it seems to be ok, mind u, I have a MOMO (Turismo?) gearknob which is quite tall...

[to original question] Just undo the gaiter from the surround... put into 4th... put one leg in either footwell in the front... Pull, hard... it will come off, I have done this to 4 Mk1s (to get shafts...)[/to original question]

Back