Styling Gear knob

Currently reading:
Styling Gear knob

angel751

How easy (or not!) is it to change the gear knob on my W reg 1.2 8v Punto ELX? The Satndard one is boring and I would like to change it. Im rubbish at doing anything like this to my car, it took me ages just to stick an alloy tax disk holder on the windscreen! So should I get a friend to do it or could I do it? :eek:

It is very easy. Switch of the car and put tha handbrake. Put it into 4th gear (it makes it even easier). Pull the knob with all your strength.

Forgot to say what type of new gear knob can I use because I go the lift up reverse thing so will any fit or do I have to get a special one?

Yes, true, some gear knobs also have the option to unscrew the bottom part to adapt themselves for the lift reverse system.

For us Mk1 Boys removing the gear nob is harder than a GT conversion :bang: :eek:

Last edited:
Angel,

I have a richbrook gear knob if you want to buy it off me? I have bought mine for may mark 2 punto and have tried everything to get the gear knob off but it just wont budge!!

Email me on: [email protected], still got receipt and gear knob has not even been out of box.

John

Back