Technical gear knob how to re-attach?

Currently reading:
Technical gear knob how to re-attach?

worthing

Hi.
Just bought 1.2 ELX and gear knob ( not the stick itself) is off- seems to have springs on the spline that I can't push it down past.
Is there an easy way to fix this back on?
Ta:slayer::slayer:

Simple:
You throw it away because it's the ugliest thing on the car and do what I did!

Attachments

• DSCN0671.JPG
    DSCN0671.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Haha! I like it, matches colour of my car aswel! Better feel and grip aswel! :p Only problem is is that it gets very cold over night! But I been driving with gloves lately so tis fine! :p

How did you resolve this issue with the sliding mechanism thingy (don't know the correct name) for the reverse gear?
I've been looking to replace my gear knob, but can only find the "wrong" type
Haha! I like it, matches colour of my car aswel! Better feel and grip aswel! :p Only problem is is that it gets very cold over night! But I been driving with gloves lately so tis fine! :p

Hi.
Just bought 1.2 ELX and gear knob ( not the stick itself) is off- seems to have springs on the spline that I can't push it down past.
Is there an easy way to fix this back on?
Ta:slayer::slayer:

They're a push-on fitment, but you'll probably find your original gearknob is cracked internally which is why it won't stay on.

How did you resolve this issue with the sliding mechanism thingy (don't know the correct name) for the reverse gear?
I've been looking to replace my gear knob, but can only find the "wrong" type

There's actually a bit of a gap still to give it room to slide up, spose you could drill further to make it better fit and drill a ring for the slidy bit to sit into but i wasn't sure if it would weaken the ball too much! Gonna try and make a smaller gaiter to go round the spring, between the ball and mechanism! Hopefully will look ok

Back