Technical Gear engaged ?? cruise control.

Currently reading:
Technical Gear engaged ?? cruise control.

Victit

Hello to everyone is reading.

My problem: cruise control not "working"
All the wiring is checked - brake sensor - clutch sensor etc.
At multiscan ecu it shows that no error with cruise control BUT when i go to GEAR ENGAGED it shows on any gear natural only and reverse is working ok.
So it can't read which gear is engaged and cruise control don't engaged either.

I have searched a lot and i think that Camshaft position sensor is responsible for gear ecu read??? The same sensor is for RPM read ?? Rpm woriking fine on my car so that's why im confused.

Shoyld i replace Camshaft position sensor ??
Or is something else that i can do for the ecu to read the gears??

Nothing to do with camshaft sensor or rpm sensor.

There will be a gear position sensor somewhere and possibly a relearn procedure for the ecu for the gear position sensor if it has been disturbed/replaced

Thank you for the reply.
I have try to relearn gear position with multiecu but no success I think it's not supported by the car.
So the solution is to remap the ecu?

Thank you for the reply.
I have try to relearn gear position with multiecu but no success I think it's not supported by the car.
So the solution is to remap the ecu?
Did your car have cruise control fitted by fiat that was working and now is not working?

Sounds like a familiar problem from Subarus - no idea if it applies to Fiat gearboxes, but on the Subarus there's a neutral position switch which is known to wear with age, and when the tip of it wears off the ecu thinks the car is permanently in neutral so disables the cruise control.

I would expect there to be a neutral sensor of some kind though, since it'd be very bad for the engine indeed if it tried to accelerate up to e.g. 70 mph when it was idling and out of gear. Maybe worth having a quick look at the appropriate eper to see if there's a neutral position sensor mentioned there?

Sounds like a familiar problem from Subarus - no idea if it applies to Fiat gearboxes, but on the Subarus there's a neutral position switch which is known to wear with age, and when the tip of it wears off the ecu thinks the car is permanently in neutral so disables the cruise control.

I would expect there to be a neutral sensor of some kind though, since it'd be very bad for the engine indeed if it tried to accelerate up to e.g. 70 mph when it was idling and out of gear. Maybe worth having a quick look at the appropriate eper to see if there's a neutral position sensor mentioned there?
I have searched the gear box for sensor's but it has nothing on it, at least from outside the box.
It's probably a changed one so it needs to recalibrate from the dealer .. i will visit one near me soon to see what can be done. I did call and somehow explained my problem and he said to me that with an "update" (I don't know what that means) it will fix it.

Yes it's an oem cruise control module. And it was working.

Hi again

If it worked before..

2 things to try

1. Turn off Cruise.. display shows'off'
Disconnect battery power..wait at least 1 hour reconnect battery.. start engine then engage cruise.. display should show 'ON and the green speedo icon'

2. If its still not functioning.. plug into diagnostics and check for errors

In the General car.. B codes
In wiring .. U codes

MultiECUScan should help to check codes and connectivity :)

Last edited:
Hi again

If it worked before..

2 things to try

1. Turn off Cruise.. display shows'off'
Disconnect battery power..wait at least 1 hour reconnect battery.. start engine then engage cruise.. display should show 'ON and the green speedo icon'

2. If its still not functioning.. plug into diagnostics and check for errors

In the General car.. B codes
In wiring .. U codes

MultiECUScan should help to check codes and connectivity :)
Thanks for your help.
I have try those way's a lot and no respond at all.
Cruise control it os working on and off and the switch up and down and reset. I have used Multiecu in any possible way actually i bought it for this problem and i have fix some other's of course ? but no success with this one. The only conclusion is the gears not recognized but the ecu so that's why the cc doesn't engage cause is thinking the car is always on natural gear.
Thanks again.

Thanks for your help.
I have try those way's a lot and no respond at all.
Cruise control it os working on and off and the switch up and down and reset. I have used Multiecu in any possible way actually i bought it for this problem and i have fix some other's of course [emoji4] but no success with this one. The only conclusion is the gears not recognized but the ecu so that's why the cc doesn't engage cause is thinking the car is always on natural gear.
Thanks again.
Look around bottom of gear lever where the gear change cables attach I have a feeling position sensor is there.

Look around bottom of gear lever where the gear change cables attach I have a feeling position sensor is there.

Yeap that was the first place i had a look, nothing down there only dust.

Back