General Gear Changing problem..help!!!

Currently reading:
General Gear Changing problem..help!!!

First thnigs first, start nice and simple...check your gearbox oil! Low or no gearbox oil can result in it being dificalt to get into gear. Secondly, have a look at your gear linkages (the rods that go from your gearstick to the gearbox in the engine bay) Have a look to see if any are bent and also have a pull on them to check there is some movement (although not too much!!)
If this doesnt get you any further then it more likely to be an internal gearbox problem, which unless your willing to remove your gearbox, is going to be a garage job!

Good luck!
Alan

gear linkage come loose?
try taking off the gear surround and tighten the nuts/bolts on the linkage...that might sort it.

this may sound strange but if you have the sporting centre console i would try pulling up the gear gator and checking if there is anything in there like a penny or paper as it happened in mine becoz things can fit between the ashtray and the floor and slide down into the gear shaft otherwise check gearbox oil

my oil is full how do i get to the linkages got the haynes manual but there is nothing in there on how to do it

Standing at the front of the car, look at the rear of the engine down towards the floor. You should see a some metal rods that move when the gearstick is moved. These are your linkages!

Back