Technical Gear box oil level??

Currently reading:
Technical Gear box oil level??

mr2807

Does anyone no where the gear box oil level/filler cap on a punto sporting 1997 and what it looks like exactly dont want to mess things up!!

for engine oil or gearbox? what year is the car?

Ah you edited your post.......You need 12mm allen key,remove plug at front of engine & fill till it runs out & all down your arm.

Hi by the way!

Last edited:
its a sporting 1997,there is like a plastic cap u can pull out of the top of the gear box with two prongs on.is that it?i kno its a basic question like lol.thanks for the reply more help tho please....

so where by is it from what ever i found?it is really stiff goin into 1 st sum tymes n 2nd,sumtimes reverse??? thanks a again for the reply really greatfull m8....so any ideas agen??

If they're the same as the 5spd boxes, then there is a allen key on the side, not the top.

DSC001642.JPG

In line with this line ^

Its underneath the reverse detection sensor

Jordan

I have just done the gear oil on my gt. I had a slashed cv boot to fix courtesy a nice mechanic (n) my oil drain plug was just down below the drive shaft. I drained a little less than 2 liters of gear oil and replaced with fresh

The gt box is different the casting maybe the same...??? There will be a multitude of 12mm plugholes any which you can put gear oil in or take it out. prefarably the highest one for filling & lowest for draining. If i were you I would drain the box & refill.. hell if your that unsure unscrew the reverse light switch & use that hole to fill. But the box would have to be on the car with the shaft in otherwise UL loose the oil

cheers for that everyone ill gt it sorted today been on here a day n everone seems really helpful fanx alot!!

Back