General gauge mounting!!

Currently reading:
General gauge mounting!!

right,,,,i have decided to treat the turbo to a nice set of new gauges including, boost,oil pressure,oil temp,rpm and air/fuel ratio.
the current location for the three gauges that are in the car now is on a custom made centre console, but i would like at least the boost and the oil pressure somewhere clearly visable while driving (without having to ask someone next to me to read the gauge haha :eek:)
i got the sence that the dash mounted gauge pods on my N/A were not too popular on hear (pic below) so any suggestions on where abouts i could fit the gauges??
(i would like to keep the heater vents by the way)
and what do people think to the pillar mounted pods on the cinqs??

any suggestions/pics would be great thanks (y)

here is the current mounting spot ;)

Attachments

• DSC00067[1].JPG
    DSC00067[1].JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 11b7_4[1].jpg
    11b7_4[1].jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 31
right,,,,i have decided to treat the turbo to a nice set of new gauges including, boost,oil pressure,oil temp,rpm and air/fuel ratio.
the current location for the three gauges that are in the car now is on a custom made centre console, but i would like at least the boost and the oil pressure somewhere clearly visable while driving (without having to ask someone next to me to read the gauge haha :eek:)
i got the sence that the dash mounted gauge pods on my N/A were not too popular on hear (pic below) so any suggestions on where abouts i could fit the gauges??
(i would like to keep the heater vents by the way)
and what do people think to the pillar mounted pods on the cinqs??

any suggestions/pics would be great thanks (y)

here is the current mounting spot ;)
hey , like the center mounting , not sure on the dash pods though . my opinion would be to do something like this , aint all that keen on it though just think its quite tidy , cheers

Attachments

• Image062.jpg
    Image062.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 27
car_pics_0461.jpg

Actually works very well. (The credit is Aaron's, not mine ;)) So well that I'm going to attempt to replicate it in carbon (an absolute pig of a mold). Doesn't affect the heating one jot, and when it gets really hot you'll have the sunroof and the rear windows open anyway.

Of the guages, the oil ones and the afr are the important ones: can't see why you want another rev counter.

An alternative might be a digi dash in place of the existing dash: there are some inexpensive ones out there.

i have guages in the heater vents, and the A pillars;

DSC_0694.JPG

DSCF3469.JPG

DSCF3468.JPG

The A pillars were a limited custom run (i think 5 were made in total), so they're not exactly easy to get hold of.. but looked dammned good imo :D

ok cheers to evryone for the suggestions (y)
some great ideas there, i really wanted them in the heater ducts but was worried id regret that move :) but im thinking more along those lines now as it seems an ideal place, its given me some places to think about anyway so thats great ;)

jason

Im going for me oil pressure and temp gauges in the centre heater slot,along with a little switch for the gauge back lights ,mounted in a sheet of CF thats been there for a while now

Back