Gatso Camera

Currently reading:
Gatso Camera

Copy and pasted from my post on another forum

Was driving up Carmarthan Road (from town) and was doing only about 35mph, taxis were flying past but still, when I drove passed the Gatso camera which is located next to the pharmacy on the opposite side of the road ( I was in right hand lane) it flashed and I didn't notice any traffic on that side of the road?

Is this normal? Thought it was illegal to flash cars from the front? Very blinding could of caused an accident, anyone had any experiences like this before?

gatso2.png

gatso.png

Don't know about flashing from the front being illegal as such, but it's certainly not meant to happen. That's why the front-facig Truvelo's don't use a flash, as it would be destracting and therefore dangerous. They use infra red instead.

Alright cheers guys - I hate this New Drivers Act thing makes me feel so nervous when stuff like this happen!

Alright cheers guys - I hate this New Drivers Act thing makes me feel so nervous when stuff like this happen!

Know the feeling! I was paranoid for the first 2 years!

Does not help round Swansea though - they have every single type of camera going down there. The normal gatso, vans with them in, the ones that face you and give a shot for the family album, the ones with the strips across the road, the average speed check ones. God knows how you all cope down there... I hate the South Wales police!

Back