Technical Gas tank filter in the tank!

Currently reading:
Technical Gas tank filter in the tank!

vagosofron

For the last 2 days i heard a strange noise coming from the back of the car like something was moving when i used the brake. Five minutes ago i found out what that was...
When i went for a gas refill 2 days ago the person who worked there must have pushed the hose harder and the filter is now in my tank floating and hiting the tanks walls. What can i do now? And most important...how can i kill the gas man since i can't prove that he damaged my car?:bang::bang::bang:

That's what i'm thinking but i don't know how big is the hole under the tank in order to take the filter out...

I am unsure mate its somthing I have never had to do on a GP sorry mate there may be something in the guides section that might help, or you could ring your local fiat dealer on Monday I am sure one of there guy's would give you some advice.

Do you access the fuel pump/sender unit via a panel under the rear seats? If so, take those out and see if it's possible to remove the offending item that way? (maybe with a long hook of some description? old coat hanger?

Here is an image of it...
14112010365.jpg
[/IMG]

It's not a filter- it's an anti syphon flap device. The only filter is directly attached to the pump in the tank.

You can remove the filler neck and let the broken pieces fall-out to stop the rattling, but the only 'fix' is a new filler neck.

next time you need petrol (its not gas here in the uk, gas is what comes out of your bum after a hot curry etc) get out of your car and fill it yourself, this way if you break anything on your car
A: you know what you have broken,
B: if you break it, its your fault
C: there could be a chance some clown will put diesel into your car and really make a mess of it...

strangely though bluepunto many filling staions provide the filling as part of the service it used to be the same here

its not an anti-syphon device more of an earth flap to make metallic contact with the filling gun to prevent electrostatic discharge causing a spark and the subsequent ignition of fuel vapours

next time you need petrol (its not gas here in the uk, gas is what comes out of your bum after a hot curry etc) get out of your car and fill it yourself, this way if you break anything on your car
What Andy Monty said above with the difference that over here ALL filling stations fill you up themselves. There are 2 or 3 stations where i live that have 24hr self service...

Back