General Garage to service my 1972 500

Currently reading:
General Garage to service my 1972 500

Ben500

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a garage to service my classic 1972 500, in Cheshire ?

Thanks

Hi Ben,

This is a really hard one, as I also found it hard to find a local garage that I trusted to work on/service/MoT mine. I was transporting mine down to Middle Barton Garage in Oxfordshire, which wasn't practical at all.

I've found one now, but I'm down near(ish) to Worcester, so no good for you.

Tom (Hobbler on the forum) lives near to Chester. He's a very, very knowledgeable owner, and might have some tips for you if you message him directly.

Failing that, if you can find a good, local classic car group they could at least point you in the right direction of a garage/mechanic that understands classics more broadly.

Good luck!

Evening Ben;
Been away (back in Ipswich taking part in the Ipswich/Felixstowe Classic Vehicle Run, last Sunday)--just seen your request---where about in Cheshire are you? I live in Saltney, just outside Chester (but, 200 yards inside Wales!). Maybe we can meet up sometime and 'chat Cinquecentos' I will be at "Alderford Lake" , just outside Whitchurch, on Sunday 29th may, at the "Classic car breakfast meet"--starts at 9.30am. just turn up. You can't miss my car--it is a replica "Abarth 695", burgundy in colour, complete with open engine cover. If you can't make that, give me a ring at home one evening (01244-683824) or e-mail me direct:- [email protected] . The answer to your query is that, as I do ALL my own servicing, I haven't looked for somebody to service my car, and in the 3 years we have been up here (moved up from Felixstowe Feb. 2015) I haven't come across any garage who I think could do the servicing. The 500 is VERY easy to look after--it was designed for home maintenance.
thumb.gif
smile.gif

First of all Ben, my apologies---the "Classic Car Breakfast Meet" at Alderford Lake is THIS Sunday--May 20th and NOT the 29th. It would be good to meet up with you as I possibly have a solution to your servicing query. As I mentioned before, it starts at 9.30 (I shall be there from about 9.45/10.00am)--registration of my car is LLD 740K. Where about in Cheshire do you live? We also have "Cars 'n Coffee" meets in Cheshire and there is a show at Upton (on the edge of Chester---the 'Upton Beer festival') on Sunday the 27th, which I am hoping to be at with my car (on the C&CC Stand). I will also try and contact you direct by e-mail with my (possible) servicing solution.
thumb.gif
smile.gif

Are you still requiring a garage to service your 500? I did try and contact you direct with a possible (and sensible) suggestion. please let me know if you have sorted a solution to your problem, or do you still require my help?

Back