Technical Fuses Melting!!

Currently reading:
Technical Fuses Melting!!

Sharon1961

My cinq is always running hot and realised the fan is not kicking in at all. Checked the fuse and that was knackered so replaced it. However when the engine was hot enough and the fan kicked in there was a smell of electrical burning and upon investigation found the new fuse had melted!! Tried another fuse but the same happened. In the end had to put the old fuse back in and drive around with the heater on full blast!
Can anyone tell me what the problem could be.
Cheers

Is this a tricky job and how expensive? I've just paid out over £200 to have new driveshaft and wishbone!!

Can be done without removing the radiator or bumper, but it helps if you remove the offside wing liner.

Remove the bracket that is attached to the radiator, 8mm headed screws I think. With the bracket on the bench remove the fan and motor, fit the new motor and refit the bracket.

Cheers

D

If I don't replace the motor straight away will it damage the engine? I have got to drive to the Midlands this week and won't have time or money to change it before my journey.

Do you mean the engine would cut out and I'd have to wait until it cooled or do you mean I would knacker the engine full stop? Unfortunately my sister got probs with her cars too.

if it overheats, it can damage the headgasket or even worse warp the head. That'd mean the engine would have to come to bits to sort it. garage would want around £300 to fix something like that assuming the head wasn't warped beyond repair.

you can't let these engines overheat.

Back