Technical Further information on complete seat removal on 2013 Qubo MultiJet

Currently reading:
Technical Further information on complete seat removal on 2013 Qubo MultiJet

DevilIsAnEnglishman

Hi,

I know so far that for completely removing the seats in a Fiat Qubo, according to a post five years ago you "fold the back of the seat forward by lifting the release at the shoulder. Then pull the fabric strap located along the back of the seat near the floor of the boot and lift up to rock the seat forward into the foot well. It is best to slide the fronts full forward first. There is then a lever bar running along the metal work side to side which when squeezed will release the hooks on the pivot. The seats are crazy heavy, do a single one first and not on a whim."

I tried doing that, but they won't budge. Do I need a screwdriver for this? Or does anyone have a video specifically showing how to remove them, please?

Hi,

I know so far that for completely removing the seats in a Fiat Qubo, according to a post five years ago you "fold the back of the seat forward by lifting the release at the shoulder. Then pull the fabric strap located along the back of the seat near the floor of the boot and lift up to rock the seat forward into the foot well. It is best to slide the fronts full forward first. There is then a lever bar running along the metal work side to side which when squeezed will release the hooks on the pivot. The seats are crazy heavy, do a single one first and not on a whim."

I tried doing that, but they won't budge. Do I need a screwdriver for this? Or does anyone have a video specifically showing how to remove them, please?

The rear seats are a pain and, as you say, are very heavy and awkward to handle.

I always push front seats forward, remove small one first and then big one (with help from the Wife).

As you say tilt them forward pull on the bar and they should release.

If like me they are out of the vehicle 98% of the time you can also remove the brackets that are secured to the floor area. This will give you a bigger load area with no metal bits to damage loads.

I use mine as a work van so mine are always out. Be careful getting them in and out the side doors as it's easy to miss and scratch the paintwork. I found out the hard way. I just thought it might be easier taking them out the back.
When you lift the metal bar you may have to lift the seat from the bar and rock/wiggle the seat around to get the catch to release. Similar problem getting them back in, lining them up can be a bit awkward. Be sure to keep the seat belt plug out of the way of the mechanism as the weight of the seat and trying to 'slam' the seat down can break it (again I found out the hard way).
Apparently the back seats weigh 48kg so quite a bit of weight reduction.

Back