Technical funny screeching noise

Currently reading:
Technical funny screeching noise

shelle2706

This problem just started yesterday with the good weather. My car started making screeching noises, i cant quite see when its making this noise? doesn't seem to be a particular thing im doing. is this just related to the excessive heat or is it a major problem?[V]

not that i can see. the only difference the past two days is that the weather has been really hot.is it causing something to expand and make the noise?it doesn't seem to be related to the clutch, perhaps when i tap the clutch lightly it makes the noise??

yeah it might be the steering. not too sure. just hoping its not a major problem thats going to cost me money. think it is just the extreme heat thats the problem.

all punto's with the 1.1 and 1.2 8-valve engines make a funny whining noise when cold - this is caused by the cambelt tensioner and is normal. really loud screeching is most likely to be a slipping fanbelt or power-steering drivebelt - re-tension or replace the offending belt (check for oil contamination too). heat allows the belt to stretch a little and lose tension - so the noise can be eliminated usually by increasing tension. brake noise also plagues puntos, i suffer the same "squeaky brake" on left-handers.
all these little faults are basically down to crap design and build quality - i.e. what fiats are famous for! and yet we still love 'em!

FIAT: Fix It Again Tomorrow...

Back