Technical funny noise

Currently reading:
Technical funny noise

this noise me car makin gota go

i was wounderin if this is a common problem as i heard a sei drive past doin it too and it really anoyin me so need to sort it out, as the revs increase i got this sort of whistling or whiring noise appearing at first i thought it was the gearbox as the misfire i just fixed on the weekend been nockin the hell outta me transmision but when i put clutch down it still there so i dunno wha it is, anyone kno wha it is :confused:

When you changed the cam belt did you put a new belt tensioner on, if not that could be the cause of the noise.... I forgot to get one when i changed mine and mine makes a noise when idling. I'm sure if this is the case somebody will tell you if it's a major problem or not, I haven't had the time or inclination to take everything off again, just to get rid of a noise which only bothers me when I forget to bring my stereo front out with me....

It could also be the belt on the alternator, which could be slipping.

sounds like a weird question, but where does the noice seem to b comin from.

e.g: i had a vibrating / squeeking noise comin from the passengers side of the engine bay, turns out my induction cone was hittin against the master brake servo when accelerating, secured cone, stopped noise! (y)

this seems to be drivers side or back centre could be alternator i reakon but i call it me supercharger too lol but onyl does it at certain revs normally loader when cold, well im off to get very drunk now post any other suggestions (y)

Lol, i get a nice Sorta Supercharger sound outta mine when i rev up.. Sounds bleedi sweet - don't reali sound like a problem thou.. Loadsa people sorta look at the car funny.. Sorta a light VRrrrrrrrrrrrrMeeeeee highish pitch.. don't happen much thou..

Back