Full Respray

Currently reading:
Full Respray

Got a Fiat Seicento a few weeks ago in broom yellow. Cleaned it all up to see what was wrong with the body etc... there are a few minor dents and it looks like its been rained on with stones, massess of chips and badly filled chips all over.

Now been going round getting quotes and ive been quoted £1400 for the whole car to be filled sprayed etc.. not the cheapest ive had but they are is very professional, they have mercedes, porshe BMW etc as clients so is this still too expensive for a full respray?

Quoted :
10 hours prep work
35 hours sanding, spraying etc.
Putting everything back together.

Company is called Impact. Dont know if anyone has heard of them.

I know the quote is more than what the car is worth and I could buy a newer car for the price but i like it. its like any other car unless you buy new it will always need work doing to it.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Not a bad price :eek: and as said, could you see yourself with that car for a while to get the benefit of spending the money on the paint job? but if yes then doesnt sound bad (y)

10 hrs prep
35 hours sanding/ spraying
Call me stupid if you want but i always class prepping as sanding:confused: whether it be in between coats or not! How long is it gonna be baking for cos 35hrs sounds a bloody long time to me for spraying etc.

Back