General Fuel Tank???

Currently reading:
General Fuel Tank???

Feralspecies

Hi

I have a Punto Mk1 60sx 1.2 sport, for some reason, when i turn right, or go round a roundabout, i lose half a tank of petrol? The guage slowly goes back up again, is there a problem here?

ur not the only one, i get that problem as well. I think its just the position of the sensors in the tank, as the car tilts the petrol obviously follows leading to the sensors thinking theres less petrol in the tank and as the petrol evens itself out the petrol guage slowly goes back up.

also dont u find that the reading on the fuel guage whilst u are driving is always less than if you were to stop, turn ur engine off and start again?
when im driving along my guage says i got a quarter of a tank left but if i was to park up, turn my engine off and then turn the ignition on again it would read a little bit more than a quarter.

I think its normal and it isnt too much of a problem, it just means that our guages are not completely accurate and i dont know how long my car can go before it cogs out of petrol cause it could be saying different to what i actually got. :confused:

I have a mk2b active sport, and i find when i park downhill, that my fuel increases....

I can come home with 1/4 tank, and park on my drive (downhill) and when i go out next, i have a 1/2tank, but drops back down when i get on the flat again.....

Probs just the sensors or sumthing!

Back