Technical Fuel pump relay

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel pump relay

kildaremike

Hi all, have gotten rid of security warning and immobiliser light after drying out fusebox and connectors but car ( 1.2 )still wont start. I am getting a spark at the plugs but I cant hear the petrol pump priming. The fuse is ok but does anyone know which relay is for the fuel pump?

Fuel pump relay is T10 in the engine compartment fuse box.

The wire from the relay to the fuel pump goes throught the infamous D4 connector under the fuse box. so that would be worth checking.

Have you checked the inertia switch hasn't tripped?

EDIT: For anyone else reading this. Relay T10 is for the fuel pump for 1.2, 1.4, 1.8, 1.9 and 2.4 engines. Relay T9 is for the fuel pump for the 1.6 engine.

Attachments

• Engine Fusebox Diagram.JPG
    Engine Fusebox Diagram.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,876
Last edited:
Thanks Davren. Yes I have checked the inertia switch and cleaned and dried D4. I just wanted to try the relay before I started taking off fuel lines to check for fuel flow.Is it ok to swap over one of the other relays to test pump?

when my fuel pump relay went bad I swapped it for the Air Con relay, checked number on the relay to check was same type of relay...do not remember which position relay that one was.think it was case of pull one relay out at time that matched fuel pump relay till something not important stopped working you may not have air con on your car so case of finding suitable relay to try you do not even have to fire up the engine is just so as you can hear the fuel pump priming to know if relay faulty.
I also split the plastic relay cover from the faulty fuel pump relay and cleaned up the spring contact inside the relay with a fine file/sand paper until I got a new one which fixed the contact in the relay, but used this repaired relay in the air con until new relay came

Thanks Davren. Yes I have checked the inertia switch and cleaned and dried D4. I just wanted to try the relay before I started taking off fuel lines to check for fuel flow.Is it ok to swap over one of the other relays to test pump?

Yes... you could use T03 (horn), T02 (Headlamp main beam), T14 (Front fog lamps) or T05 (A/c compressor if fitted). None of those affect the engine.

Last edited:
Hi all, tried changing the relays around last night but to no avail, still wont start. Can someone suggest the easiest place to check for fuel flow. The are two pipes coming up the firewall and then going to the fuel rail? behind the injectors but the pipe does not look too strong and the rubber tube is fairly well pushed on. Is the second pipe some sort of a return feed? Thanks for all the help so far!

So, the mystery deepens. A local lad did a diagnostic on the car yesterday and after clearing lists of faults up to the last two weeks, then examining and discarding intermittents, the system seems to have a fault with the cam sensor and crank sensor, and some speed sensor. He has located two second hand sensors and will fit them today. Fingers and toes crossed, lol.

What were the fault codes?

A fault code doesn't necessarily mean a sensor is faulty, it's more likely to be a circuit fault, and it's unlikely that 3 different sensors would all go down at the same time.

What were the fault codes?

A fault code doesn't necessarily mean a sensor is faulty, it's more likely to be a circuit fault, and it's unlikely that 3 different sensors would all go down at the same time.

Wasnt there when he was working on it. He told the wife that the fault was showing up through these three sensors but one bad one would show up in the other two. The sensors are on sale or return so if its not them I wont be stuck to pay for them. To be honest I just hope it is one of these so she can get the car back on the road.

Stilo fuel pump

Hi All
Can anyone tell me the best way to access the fuel pump in a 1.2 Stilo. A search seems to suggest the pump is in the tank.If this is correct does it mean I have to remove the tank? If so can anyone tell me the best way to do it. Thanks.

Re: Stilo fuel pump

Fuel pump is fitted in the top of the fuel tank. Tilt or remove the rear seat cushion to access it. It's held in with a large plastic locking ring.

Thanks Davren
It looks like only the seat back tilts down. If I remove the bolts at the front of the seat can I get the cushion out to access the pump?

Back