Technical Fuel Pump, glow plugs.....

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Pump, glow plugs.....

Di Greenio

Well my Qubo (1.3 Mylife) is just back from its first MOT and it passed no problem...as it should!!
I did have a couple of other things which i asked them to look at with interesting outcomes..
No.1 - the "clunking" noises from the front suspension, which had not been heard again since the end of Oct. Went out for a drive with the dealers mechanic and nothing untoward was heard or felt(as predicted) and happy enough with that
No.2 - my rear parking sensors which i had fitted by the dealer at the time of purchasing. The inside right sensor seems very sensitive to the cold and beeps constantly in freezing conditions. (the other 3 not a cheep) from -4c one day to +13c the next day so of course the sensor worked fine and no fault found!
No.3 - "Check glow plug" message has been coming on during the last cold spell. plug number 4 found to be faulty. (number 3 was replaced at its last service at the beginning of the year..)
No.4 - a smell of fumes in the car especially when coming to a standstill. The really interesting one..due to a previous similar experience I predicted a dodgy injector seal.. but no a new high pressure fuel pump and pipe is required!! :eek: (This is of course after a Fiat assessor has seen the car and approved the repair)

So my car has been in for the MOT and the other checks on Tuesday then back in today for the assesor and now going back in a week friday for the new fuel pump, pipe and the heat plug number4!
To be fair to the dealer (not DC but AC) they have been ok so far. good communication and very obliging. Fingers crossed it continues...

Has anyone else heard of problems with the fuel pump? I take it the assessor was involved due to the price of the repair?? Does anyone have a rough idea of the price??

Cheers
Ryan

Back