Ducato Fuel problems

Currently reading:
Ducato Fuel problems

Turna

Hi everybody I am a work from home mechanic, A customer has a 2013 180 ducato as a motor home it has the engine check light up and lacking power no 3 cylinder seems the issue but comes and goes intermitantly, I read in a post they have a third cyl shut down solonoid I would like to know more about that if possible have changed fuel filter, on test drive good for adout three klm then loss of power stopped then restart good for a klm then loss. Cut open old filter no sighn of Algae. Can I get a code from it without the reader can I reset engine check light without reader. Any help would be appreciated cheers Shane.

AFAIK the no.3 cylinder thing you refer to, is actually 'third piston de-activation'. This is in the HP injection pump, and refers to a third pumping cylinder that cuts out unless needed under quite high load. It may (don't know if I've got all this right, of course) be that it is incorrectly doing this when it shouldn't? Only way to find out is diagnostics that speak 'fluent Fiat', not a generic device. It should flag up if this indeed ocurring, and then it's a case of following the messages, if any, to find out what is causing this to happen. It may be a common thing, so search on here for it. AFAIK there is NO way to get a code out of a vehicle as late a model as this without proper kit. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me- this is the place you will find an answer, if one is available. Cheers!

Codes relating to engine performance faults should be readable on any generic OBD reader. If you have a bluetooth Elm VCI and an Android phone, AlfaOBD free version will show you generic and Fiat specific codes for all modules.

Back