Technical Fuel Light On - How Many Kms/Miles Travelled

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Light On - How Many Kms/Miles Travelled

SimonP

Hi, I've just travelled 60kms(37.28miles) with the fuel light on. My car has only 4100kms(2547.62miles) on the clock. I was wondering what's the furthest anybody has travelled with the fuel light on without running out of fuel and which engine size you have?
Mine is the 1.3 90bhp diesel..

my fuel light comes on when theres 50 miles worth left in the tank. you have at least another 10 miles after the needle hits the bottom, so roughly 60 miles from when the light comes on.

all depends on your mpg to see how many miles you get, but i wouldn't try to test it too often!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought if the light goes on it means about 9-10L left, so if you're doing 7.5L/100km for example, then in theory you would have 120-133km left.

Surely if you brim the tank once the light has come on then you will know exactly how much fuel was left in the 45 litre tank?

And with a bit more maths you might even calculate how far you could have gone without calling out the AA :eek:

I read once that if you run out of diesel it is a devil of a job to get the fuel reprimed (or was that petrol?) so best not to go so far down as to run out (and suck up all the crap at the bottom of the tank).

And with a bit more maths you might even calculate how far you could have gone without calling out the AA :eek:.

We have Fiat Care here (which is just a mobile mechanic network) available 24/7 for things like running out of petrol - do you guys in the UK have something similar?

We have Fiat Care here (which is just a mobile mechanic network) available 24/7 for things like running out of petrol - do you guys in the UK have something similar?

not that i know of? just individual breakdown companies not a specific fiat one?

not that i know of? just individual breakdown companies not a specific fiat one?

Well they're not Fiat-qualified - just general mechanics. Last time I used their service they sent some clueless guy that looked as if he had just woken up :rolleyes:

Better than nothing I suppose.

my fuel light comes on when theres 50 miles worth left in the tank. you have at least another 10 miles after the needle hits the bottom, so roughly 60 miles from when the light comes on.

On my way to nightshift tonight the fuel light was on. After I travelled 66kms(42.25miles) with it on, the low fuel warning alarm came on. I have now travelled a total of 71kms(44.12 miles) with the fuel light on. I will fill up on the way home in the morning.

hi all. noobie here. inherited a GP with a busted fuel gauge stuck halfway between E & F.

can i rely on the low fuel indicator light to refill?

anyone knows if the low fuel light is based on the level gauge indicator, or does it have its own separate sensor?

I have a GP 1.9 Mjet Sporting. When the fuel light is on, I have approx 9 litres left in the tank, about 2gallons, which means I can travel 90-100 miles b4 leaving me stranded!

Back