Technical Fuel leak

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel leak

B84425BB-5CE6-4307-92DF-E5304DE6B41A.jpeg

I have a fuel leak coming from the hose in picture. Can anyone advise me on what I need to fix this please?

Is it the return line part #46734982, page 37 in the Parts_PK.pdf (Downloads section)? Did you find any supplier? I did a brief search without much luck. It seems we're left with having to make our own... Btw how is the patch holding up and how did you do it #barchettahacks? Fuel close to hot surfaces is intimidating stuff...!

3777958F-FB79-431F-AC4C-D2F8DED14EFD.jpeg
IHere is the pipe with a new bit clipped in with metal tube inner. The garage put this in for me and advised that a whole new part would be best. It’s been 4 days or so and it seems solid so I will just keep an eye on it. It is the fuel in.

Reactions: tjr
Well at least it looks dry, and the b can be driven until you have a new part.

Out of curiosity what is the shiny stainless(?) pipe in the middle of the photo, going over the fuel lines? My daughters b is a -95 as well (green), and I don't know it has one.

View attachment 405863IHere is the pipe with a new bit clipped in with metal tube inner. The garage put this in for me and advised that a whole new part would be best. It’s been 4 days or so and it seems solid so I will just keep an eye on it. It is the fuel in.
Personally I would be fairly happy with what the garage did. Just keep an eye out for leaks.

Ideally I would research an "in-line" hose joiner pipe as this will have the ribs for extra grip/security compared to a smooth piece of pipe. I would also find a piece of larger diameter hose, cut two 1/2 inch / 15mm lengths and then slit them open length ways. Now clip over the fuel hose either side of the hose clips on the joint to protect against any possible chafing.

You already have two hose with clips to union fittings on the fuel rail so an extra secure inline joint is not going to be an issue.

See https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/fuel-system/fuel-unions for a selection of proper hose joiners.

Have a talk with Merlin as they can probably make up a new hose for you . Better still if you could visit them.

ALB

Reactions: tjr
Thanks for all the advice. I may at some point look into getting something made up.

I am wondering if anyone carries a fire extinguisher in their B? If you do, what do you have. It sounds like powder isn't a great idea. Is foam okay. I read somewhere that P50 is best. Also how would you secure it in the car?

Back