Technical Fuel Gauge problem??????

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Gauge problem??????

aa80616

One day my Palio stopped on the road. I then immediately called my mechanic. He has checked everything and confirmed that there was some problem with Fuel pump, and car needs to be pulled to the garage.

At the garage, mechanic has opened the fuel pump assembly and checked it, Pump is working fine and there was no sufficient fuel in the tank to enable pump to work . I immediately looked at the fuel gauge, it shows 1/4 the of the tank level and the needle movement is very fine.Needle moves very smoothly from "E" to 1/4 th Level. After filling few litres (say about 3-4 litres) of petrol it starts .

I just wanted to know, Is this the problem of faulty fuel gauge? (or) I have to understand that, when Fuel gauge needle reaches 1/4 of the tank level, tank is empty.

Please help, as I am new to the Palio environment.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Anil

From what you say, it appears there was still fuel in the vehicle? Did it appear to actually have a quarter tank in it?

If so, then there may be a problem with the fuel pick-up that may be out of place.

If the vehicle was empty then obviously the gauge is faulty.

From what you say, it appears there was still fuel in the vehicle? Did it appear to actually have a quarter tank in it?

If so, then there may be a problem with the fuel pick-up that may be out of place.

If the vehicle was empty then obviously the gauge is faulty.
I also got the same problem once, poured 2-3 lts petrol and it started. Got it checked by a mechanich he said you have to change whole fuel assembly, and quoted 4500 rs/-. Anybody please provide your suggestion whether he is quoting correct price or not and whether it will reslove the problem or not.

Also I asked him to fix wiper problem he said you have to change wiper motor and quoted 1800 rs/- whether it is correctly quoted or not.

Last edited:
I also got the same problem once, poured 2-3 lts petrol and it started. Got it checked by a mechanich he said you have to change whole fuel assembly, and quoted 4500 rs/-. Anybody please provide your suggestion whether he is quoting correct price or not and whether it will reslove the problem or not.

Also I asked him to fix wiper problem he said you have to change wiper motor and quoted 1800 rs/- whether it is correctly quoted or not.

This is a common problem with Palio Fuel gauge , I faced a similar issue where gauge shows a quarter tank and I ran out of Fuel, Don't change the entire fuel assembly. The fuel gauge is replaceable and should cost less.

Back