Technical Fuel Filter

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Filter

firefly

I want to change the fuel filter on my Cinquecento Sporting, but am having some problems getting hold of one. My local motor factor can't seem to get one, and the local Fiat garage parts department said the car wouldn't be fitted with one!!! :bang: I'm assuming the silver canister under the car near the gearstick is the filter? Can anyone let me know the part number for a champion filter (i think it may be L301?) or the Fiat part number?

Hi,
Took mine off and went to my local motor factors where they let me look around the filters shelf til I found one of similar size and shape :D .......The Fiat spec filter is a strange spec, metal cased like the high pressure filters but with low pressure end fittings......these were expensive and had to be ordered.

Thanks
Paul T

I just bought a fuel filter for my Cinq Sporting about a week ago, but haven't got round to fitting it yet.

I got mine from Halfauds, its the Champion model and the part number is L201.

And yes the little silver canister under the car near the gearstick is infact the filter, so sounds as if your Fiat garage's parts department said the car wouldn't be fitted with one, they are talking rubbish.

HTH

Brian

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but the Champion one doesn't fit very well - the body is too small a diameter and it needs sleeving to hold in the clamp properly. Also it's about 1" too short. Best pay the extra couple of quid and buy a Fiat one (yes, Sportings do have them and you've found it, firefly. I've had this problem with a poor dealer before too). Part number 7680997.

The one that I pulled off mine was a Champion one.....load of rubbish (size wise). The Fiat one is a much better fit. Worth the extra few quid

Hi,

Ive got filter from "FIAAM", doesn't matter which maufacturer, but I don't know how to install it-there's only "IN" sign on one end of the filter-it means IN from tank????? on original filter there's arrow sign-much better to understand :)

(am I stupid enough.. ?? :bang: :bang: )

Hi,

Ive got filter from "FIAAM", doesn't matter which maufacturer, but I don't know how to install it-there's only "IN" sign on one end of the filter-it means IN from tank????? on original filter there's arrow sign-much better to understand :)

(am I stupid enough.. ?? :bang: :bang: )

In from tank.

Does the 1.1 Seicento SX have a fuel filter,and if so where is it and how easy is it to fit, and based on previous answers should i buy from Halfords or stivk with Fiat???

Back