Technical Fuel Filter

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Filter

tthew

Now my car is out of warrantee, I'm starting to do my own servicing, so I got all the stuff for the 36,000 mile service even though it's only at 24,000.

But the motor factors sold me a filter element for the fuel filter, and I'm thinking that I need to replace the whole large grey cartridge at the back left hand side of the engine bay, (looks expensive!)

Can someone confirm for me please? I suspect that this should have been done at the second year service, even though it had only done 18,000 then, but looking at the invoice it doesn't seen to have been.

Thanks.

Now my car is out of warrantee, I'm starting to do my own servicing, so I got all the stuff for the 36,000 mile service even though it's only at 24,000.

But the motor factors sold me a filter element for the fuel filter, and I'm thinking that I need to replace the whole large grey cartridge at the back left hand side of the engine bay, (looks expensive!)

Can someone confirm for me please? I suspect that this should have been done at the second year service, even though it had only done 18,000 then, but looking at the invoice it doesn't seen to have been.

Thanks.

Nope...grande is not a canister filter, it is just a paper element. You should have got the filter and two replacement rubber gaskets.

Get a hosepipe onto the little tube behind the filter cartridge. Screw the grey cartridge part way out and the remaining oil will flow down the hosepipe (this stops the oil going onto the driveshaft gaitor. Once oil has stopped flowing, unscrew the cartridge completely, replace filter and two rubber rings and screw back in. Job done.

P

I sorted the oil filter OK, and that was just as you said. It's the fuel filter I'm asking after.

Perhaps I should have said, it's a 90bhp 1.3 diesel. I think I'm correct in my assumption, as there are similar for sale on e-bay.

I sorted the oil filter OK, and that was just as you said. It's the fuel filter I'm asking after.

Perhaps I should have said, it's a 90bhp 1.3 diesel. I think I'm correct in my assumption, as there are similar for sale on e-bay.

Oops...Seems I can't read properly :bang:

I haven't done the fuel filter so don't know...IIRC it is as you say a big cartridge and I don't think it opens to put a filter element in it. Wait until T comes for a look through a section and i'm sure he will shed some light on the situation.

P

Back