Technical Fuel Filter

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Filter

depends on the year and model, some have it inside the fuel pump assembly and it cant be changed, on models that do have a servicable filter it is located under a black plastic cover which is the same bit of plastic that forms the small side skirt in front of the driver's side rear wheel (on rhd models). iirc you need to remove 5 bolts that have 13mm heads.

my local mechanic did a service on my car and openly admitted he had no idea where the fuel filter was.. lol

where is it on a bravo 1.6 sx 1999 S reg?

could do with it being changed cos i dont think its been done for a while.

depends on the year and model, some have it inside the fuel pump assembly and it cant be changed, on models that do have a servicable filter it is located under a black plastic cover which is the same bit of plastic that forms the small side skirt in front of the driver's side rear wheel (on rhd models). iirc you need to remove 5 bolts that have 13mm heads.

not all 13mm heads, there are 2x 8mm, 2x 13mm and 1x10mm which will need a deep socket and is a little fiddly to get to, still only a 15 minute job though (y)

where is it on a bravo 1.6 sx 1999 S reg?

a 99 s reg can be either mk1 or mk2.

if you have mk1 then it is definately under the plastic cover, if you have mk2 i'm not sure because the mk2 manuals dont mention the 1.6 and i havent changed one on a mk2 1.6 myself.

my local mechanic did a service on my car and openly admitted he had no idea where the fuel filter was.. lol

thats scary, a "mechanic" who is unable to follow a single fuel line from the tank to the fuel rail to locate the filter. fair enough if you had the filter in the tank, but did he even check under the plastic cover?

Back