Technical Fuel Filter location on 1997 Barchetta?

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Filter location on 1997 Barchetta?

itaa5x

have some signs of bad Fuel pump or filter on my newly bought barchetta :(
want to try to change the filter first anyone have any idea where could the Fuel Filter be located at?

You have an external fuel filter as in pic '96. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• fuel filter '96.jpg
    fuel filter '96.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 712
  • fuel filter '98.jpg
    fuel filter '98.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 447
You have an external fuel filter as in pic '96. Hope this helps.
Thanks!!!!!

Maybe anyone has any ideas what could be wrong with my car?

just got it a week ago. everything looked ok for first 500km. untill yesterday I was unable to accelerate for a few seconds, If u pressed the acceleration you could feel preasure in lever as usual but nothing happened, no acceleration whatsoever. after 4-5seconds it just got back to normal and everything was ok, until 2minutes later same thing happens again..again and again.
Let it sit overnight, Today first 10km everything seems to be ok again, until again it just looses all its power for few seconds and doesn't wants to accelerate at all for few seconds.
-also Maybe unrelated but I can smell a bit of fuel from time to time, not that often.
-and When starting the car it seems to take 2X longer then it should with other cars I have had and it kinda gives weird noise I havent heard with other cars, im no expert but doesn't sounds like starter itself is wrong for that.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Last edited:
It does sound like a fuel problem. Dirty injectors, filter, pump, pressure regulator? However those do not tend to break easily. Are you sure you have enough fuel, i.e. your fuel gauge is working correctly?
Broken air mass meter or a leak in the intake hose or a broken lambda sensor may have similar symptoms. Start from the easiest ones to check. Let us know what you've found, and if there's any new symptoms.

And fuel smell may indicate a leak thus a pressure drop in injection, but it may also be a sticking float valve which is common in barchettas. Remove the fuel tank cover behind the seats, you'll see if there's been a fuel leak by the valves or the pump. You can check the pump too while you're at it.

thank u so much, will check them!!
Anyone else have any ideas?

What I would do

1st: change fuel filter
2nd: check fuel pressure at the injection rail (you need to buy some tools or get to a garage)
3th (check pressure regulator, again with same tools as with 2.

This will probably give you more information on what is going on.
All about this procedure can be found in the manual

mine is 1998 but i can't find fuel filter under the car. where is it? thanks

Hiya! If your B is the Mk 2 (plastic intake) then their is no exterior fuel filter but housed in the tank. Pre 98 Mk1's have the fuel filter under the vehicle by the rear right wheel as shown in the pics.

Back