fuel cut off unavailable

Currently reading:
fuel cut off unavailable

stripey

Hi everyone!
I hope someone may be able to help.

I accidentally started the engine whilst in gear in my Fiat 500 (61reg).

The car jolted forwards and stalled.

The car now won't start.
Fuel cut off unavailable is showing on the dashboard as well as start/stop unavailable and it did flash up something about the airbag too.

Iv'e tried doing the thing with the indicators a few times but that doesn't do anything. When I turn the ignition nothing happens, the engine doesn't turn over at all. The battery is fine as the headlights are bright and it has a new battery.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi everyone!
I hope someone may be able to help.

I accidentally started the engine whilst in gear in my Fiat 500 (61reg).

The car jolted forwards and stalled.

The car now won't start.
Fuel cut off unavailable is showing on the dashboard as well as start/stop unavailable and it did flash up something about the airbag too.

Iv'e tried doing the thing with the indicators a few times but that doesn't do anything. When I turn the ignition nothing happens, the engine doesn't turn over at all. The battery is fine as the headlights are bright and it has a new battery.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Fuel cut-off is electronic on 500. Reset is by switching verious controls in sequence
See

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/193636-fiat-500-fuel-cut-off-switch-location.html

Thank you all for trying to help. I’ve tried doing the sequence with the indicators but that doesn’t work. I’ve hunted high and low for a reset switch but can’t find it. Di any of you know where it is?

The padlock symbol..
is it permanently lit..not going off?

When you 1st turn the key:

The fash does a 'selftest'..lots of lights..
Then they go off after a few seconds..

leaving:

Oil.battery.handbrake and yellow engine lamps

Is the Padlock still on.. or went off with Airbag lights ?

Last edited:
Back