General Fuel cap (or lack of...)

Currently reading:
General Fuel cap (or lack of...)

FionaPanda

Panda Easy & 500 Street
Hi
I just picked up my lovely 2012 Panda yesterday :) Excited...! I went to fuel it up and opened the fuel door, the top of the pipe for the fuel was right there - no cap to remove, no lock, no twist. Is this right?

Is there a locking cap I can buy? Never seen this before....

Sorry, a newbie question, but I hope you can help? I looked on search here and on you tube but answer not forthcoming....

Also, the seats are beige and quite soiled, what would you recommend to clean them please? Is there anything that you would not use?

Thanks

Hi Fiona - welcome to the club!

There is indeed no locking fuel cap - the physical 'seal' is made when the petrol flap is closed, making it easy to refuel when the time comes. The neck of the filler has an anti-syphon device in it, although it will only stop a 13 year old for a short period of time! You'll see it in the filler tube and you can't push a piece of hose down there without manually moving the lock-release levers around the neck out of the way.

But I wouldn't worry about it really :)

Regarding the seats (perform at own risk)- use 1001 carpet cleaner with brush on the end, kitchen roll, 2 j cloths and a hoover. Will sit on upholstery unless rubbed off vigorously and maybe dried too with heating on full. Though a valeter with a wet vac at some expense maybe best. :idea:

Yeah, the metal nozzle of the petrol pump pushes open the flap in the tanks neck.

Check under the boot floor, in with the tyre repair kit should be an emergency filler funnel.

If you run out and need to fill from a can, you can't open the flap in the fillers neck.
The emergency funnel is designed to fit and open the flap so you can pour from a can.

use 1001 carpet cleaner

Because ... <all together now>

1001 cleans a big, big carpet
For less than Half a Crooooowwwwn

(y)

I guarantee that anyone old enough to remember that jingle will be singing it for, ooh, at least the next week.

No need to applaud, just throw money.

Last edited:

(y)

I guarantee that anyone old enough to remember that jingle will be singing it for, ooh, at least the next week.

Here have two shillings from me

(y)

That's one advert that the young ones wont remember, like me you must be burning a few candles :D:D:cry:

gar074 am too young to remember the jingle but gather you're not a fan of washing yours. Could Paypal you a fiver so you could give it wash for Christmas. Brand new my month old Lounge isn't now bodywise. Nevermind. :bang:

Back