frustration, thy name is ikea....

Currently reading:
frustration, thy name is ikea....

so when i moved into the new house, i started to kit out the box room as my personal den, a retreat so to speak, jammed with puter, dvds, film stuff etc, and the ideal storage system came from those wonderful people at ikea, in the form of the "billy" range.

2 sides of the room, wall to wall coverage, and with the array of sizes, depths and widths, it fits perfectly, not wasting a single centimetre, and holds a ton of gear...

now i need some extra shelves, easy, they sell those to expand your storage........................

not in 60cm width they don't, and neither for the corner units, they've all been discontinued...after being a mainstay for about a decade!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

ikean directors: your name is mud

i have been scanning ebay for weeks now, with nary a tickle, gumtree as well, what i have discovered is a boatload of europeans on websites angry about exactly the same thing! as well as the "rationalisation" of certain colours....one bloke bought 18 units and stored them for future use!

lol! Oh dear. My parents bought a spare chair for our ikea table knowing it would be annoying when one breaks!

Back