Frustration....accident

Currently reading:
Frustration....accident

Last saturday night, I reversed out of my driveway and accidently nudged a 51 plate renault scenic that was parked opposite at 1-2mph.

I took my eye off the rear view mirror for 1 second. 2 weeks away from getting my 2nd years no claims.

Turns out the owner is polish and doenst speak good english. I told her I'd pay for the damage if she gave me a figure, but she hasnt got back to me at all.

3 days later I get a letter from their insurance company requesting my insurance are notified etc etc.

I do not want this to go through insurance...if this claim goes through, my absolute best renewall quote goes from £1,000 to £2,800 :mad: for the sake of a rubstrip and a tiny dent I could poke out with my finger.

So annoyed with myself. If I'd have driven off I'd have gotten away with it...

When i used to own my GP some tosser dented the rear panel and didnt leave a note or anything. I remember being so angry and didnt have the heart to just drive off after having it done to me before. Wish I had now......:bang:

Damage to my volvo:

scratches.JPG

Well in this case no news might be good news? Was she that bothered about the damage to the car?

To use an often overused phrase yours actually looks like it would just buff out or at least be greatly reduced in appearance.

Aren't you supposed to look out your rear window and not your rear-view mirror, when reversing? Could you not just give her some money for it and say "this is for the car" ?

well im guessing you will want yours doing some mobile repair units are good, and i think cheap

similar scratches with dents and everything else what you would expect on a mondeo estate used for work but far worse cost my dad 350 and a pack of beer (private garage job)

Well in this case no news might be good news? Was she that bothered about the damage to the car?

Obviously, else she wouldn't have reported it to her insurance company:

3 days later I get a letter from their insurance company requesting my insurance are notified etc etc.

Could you not just give her some money for it and say "this is for the car" ?

He already offered this...

I told her I'd pay for the damage if she gave me a figure, but she hasnt got back to me at all.

Strictly speaking you have had an accident, so needs to be declared on renewal, whether you have claimed, or not.

Cheers

SPD

I'm not declaring that, I'm 20 years old and struggling to afford my insurance policy as it is.

I have to pay it by monthly installments and I'm doing my best to get them down.

£171 per month at the moment. In 2 weeks it drops to £86. So you can understand why I feel like this.

I sympathise completely. Try putting your offer in writing and asking that the claim is withdrawn. My wife did more damage than that to a mates car trying to get in a tight space. Only cost me £150 to have the damage repaired properly by a body shop.

I might be a good idea to get photos of the other car as well if you can. You never know what they might try to claim for and the insurance company won't give a toss. It happened to us and my wife lost all her NCB because of a fraudulent claim against her. We had proof as well but the insurance company just weren't interested.

as said above no news is good news, i smashed in a front bumper and radiator on a corsa after just fitting my towbar, (not a mark on mine) her mate seen and i gave her my number, months down the line never heard anything at all, a lot of people just can't be bothered with all the insurance faff on

as said above no news is good news, i smashed in a front bumper and radiator on a corsa after just fitting my towbar, (not a mark on mine) her mate seen and i gave her my number, months down the line never heard anything at all, a lot of people just can't be bothered with all the insurance faff on

another skim reader :rolleyes:

google translate and a letter?

I don't get where people are seeing the "no news is good news" bit in this thread? :confused: The person that Fenton hit has reported the incident and their insurance company has now contacted Fenton asking him for his insurance details. Fenton is now legally obliged to supply his insurance details as he must do so by law.

I completely sympathise with Fenton, and normally I would never condone not reporting stuff like this but this is such a minor scrape and it would have huge implications on his NCB. However, because it is now logged by the other person's insurance company (and now probably on the insurance database) to not declare it will cause no end of problems down the line.

As others have suggested, Fenton needs to try and get in contact again with the Polish woman who has reported the claim. He can then offer to pay for the damage in return for the woman withdrawing her claim from her insurance company. Otherwise he has no option but to report it to his own insurance company as they will take a dim view of his failing to declare an incident/ claim. Even more so as the third Polish woman's insurance company is now seeking details most probably to make a claim against him.

Lesson learned, next time drive off!

If her damage is like yours it will polish out ffs.

I did something similar when I was 17 I reversed into a parked car at 1-2mph nudged the bumper. Got out had a luck no damage except their rear number plate light fitment was hanging out. I was even kind enough to pop it back in before I drove off :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Lesson learned, next time drive off!

If her damage is like yours it will polish out ffs.

I did something similar when I was 17 I reversed into a parked car at 1-2mph nudged the bumper. Got out had a luck no damage except their rear number plate light fitment was hanging out. I was even kind enough to pop it back in before I drove off :ROFLMAO:

lmao, thats the way to do it :cool:

Back