Technical Front wipers stopped working

Currently reading:
Technical Front wipers stopped working

danowat

Hi All,

I am new here, I have searched and cant find a soloution to this problem, so here goes.

Yesterday all of a sudden my front wipers stopped working, I have checked all the fuses they seem fine, the motor isnt working when I turn them on so I assume its electrical.

So I am thinking it is either a) the relay, in this case, where and which one is the wipers, or b) the motor.

Anyone have any suggestion where to start to cure this problem?.

Edit: better tell you what car it is I guess!!!, its a L reg 900c Cinquecento

Many Thanks

Dan.

Last edited:
First of all check if you have power at the motor. If you have a voltmeter connect it to the wiper motor connector block and see if you have any voltage when the wipers are "on".

If no, then you have a feed problem. Check the relay for the wipers too..

If the volts are there, then the motor could be shot. Some motors have an "on-board" relay and that'd be a good place to look but I dunno if Cinq/Sei has the relay on the motor or down by the fusebox.

Ralf S.

Ok, I got a new wiper motor today, same thing, doesnt work, it turn a little then stopped.
I decided to investigate further, I have power coming into the relay, and out, so I removed the motor, the motor spins when the wiper output shaft is in a certain position, but it just wont work when assembled.
Is there anything else I can check?, I am fast running out of ideas.

Dan.

Hi,

Some years ago I burnt my wipers motor in cinq., because the wiper mechnism (the stuff "between" the motor and actual wipers) was rusted (even though wipers were used regularly) and did not move smoothly. Replacing the motor does not help much, you will just fry another one. You have to dismount the whole thing and give it a good clean with WD40 or whatever does the trick. (In my case it was the service guy that did that, but I could watch him, took him two hours to finish). And yes, it was sudden, the wipers just stopped working one day, there were no warning signs...

Hope that helps,

Woj

Back