Technical front wiper

Currently reading:
Technical front wiper

andi

i ve got a slight problem with my front drivers side wiper it seems to be going further past where it should stop ( by about 1-2" ) this resulted in the blade coming off the wiper.
dont know if it is a problem with wiper blades or the arm ?

got a cinq

Mine has the same problem, and I find its due to the nut that the wiper spindle spins in becoming loose.

Remove the cover of the wiper arm bolt, and look at the really big nut below the wiper arm. Give the arm a wiggle, if the bolt moves, remove the arm and tighten the nut up- use a spark plug socket- its the same size.

If it doesnt move, check the tightness of the nut that secures the arm to the wiper linkage.

Arse

1993 Cinq SX, with the world's dodgiest fuel tank! Free fuel? Folllow Me!!

I always see plenty of Cinqs going round with wipers parked all over the windscreen. Mine dont park since the AA man changed my battery. Now i use Jedi reflexes to stop the wipers in the right place. Intermittent is normal speed aswell. lol

Smurfhead

Cinq SX (1994)
NEXT PROJECT: Cheapo Sei-stylee 2tone jobby by replacing black parts with silver.

Mines caused as I lost the washer between the nut and body after the wiper hole rusted and fell in![^] A nastily riveted piece of 1.3mm aluminium with a new hole replaces it, but it is a bit argumentartive hence the single wiper idea which btw is near completion...

Arse

1993 Cinq SX, with the world's dodgiest fuel tank! Free fuel? Folllow Me!!

Mine seems to make a monster knocking noise when I use the wipers, well annoying! Seems to sound like the drivers side wiper arm knocking the passenger side one.

Any ideas anyone?

Mine started doing that yesterday the bloomin b*tch! And the drivers side wiper flies over the side of the car by about 2 inches! Not good when u have ur window open and go to wash the windscreen.... :D

Cinq Newbie!

96 N Cinqo Sporting
Rosso Sporting Red

ive had a look and the arm does seem a bit wobley.
it is the right tip of the drivers side wiper catching the left tip of the other
i think a one inch smaller wiper on either arm would solve it
but i will have a go at tighting it up first.
thanks

got a cinq

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Sando
Mine seems to make a monster knocking noise when I use the wipers, well annoying! Seems to sound like the drivers side wiper arm knocking the passenger side one.

Any ideas anyone?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The mechanism quite commonly knocks on the bulkhead, kinda just behind the speedo. You can bend it a bit to solve that, but go gentle as the balljoint sockets are plastic and will smash if you're too rough.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

Back