General Front suspension

Currently reading:
General Front suspension

s77mul

Hi everyone!!! New to the forum having just bought an 05 yellow stilo abarth 2.4 - which i love and always wanted!!!!! One thing that is worrying me is the clunking and banging over rough surfaces and speed bumps but no bangs or anything on normal surfaces. My girlfriend had a stilo before me and the problem was sorted by changing the anti roll bar links. I have done this on mine and the problem hasn't gone!
Question : Is the front suspension liable to bang because i've heard the chasis is bad????
Any help would be appreciated.
I have noticed that a lot of members have changed their shockers and springs so it is leading me to believe that this is a common fault?
Cheers
Steve

Welcome (y)

If it's not drop links then you may have a broken front spring (lots of threads on that topic). The other thing to watch is that your undertray is well secured.

Failing that then you can't beat a good lub session with say Waxyoil which gets rid of a lot of the creaks & groans from the suspension - just coat it on any rubber bushes and for that matter any bits of rust you find (y)

If you're talking about a distinctive bang from the rear then it's very likely to be rear suspension bush failure which should be very obvious since they leak oil when failing (this subject is also well covered if you Search)

A crowbar is a nice tool when searching for play in the front suspension. Jack up (mandatory: axlestands), insert crowbar, twist and bend. The suspension has a tough job, so you can safely use some muscle.

Back