Front speakers for MK2 Punto sporting

Currently reading:
Front speakers for MK2 Punto sporting

dobson2k

Ok just bought some 16.5 Vibe black HEXs for the front and 10cm rears for my punto. Can fit the back without too much hassle but the front speakers seem to long too fit all the way in.

Iv heard of mdf spacers and autoleads speaker pods. Only prob is i dont know what they do and if the pod will work.

I want to keepthe car as standard as possible so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I thinbk the depth of the new speaker is 169mm.

Cheers ant

MDF spacers and door pods act like large washers and make the surface of the panel further out. this allows you the depth for the speaker.

you dont need to worry bout making them air tight. that only concerns subs

mog1571 said:
you dont need to worry bout making them air tight. that only concerns subs

True to a degree :)

Some speakers perform best in small volumes, i.e. in an enclosure of some sort. The majority are better suited to larger enclosure volumes, e.g. the door interior

(y)

alright i stand corrected!:worship: was just talking generally. ill remember next time!

EDIT: just thought if your looking at MDF spacers you will have to cover them with something so y dont u go the full hog and build some custom door pods?

autoleads offer no increase in mounting depth, but they do allow for the speaker to be mounted on the outside of them for an extra inch of clearence

puntonewspeakers.JPG

ok i found them after my first post, from lowcostcaraudio. for 29.99, bargain. rang with them to ask q on delivery and they'd already been posted. looking forwards to getting them, anyone got recomendations for speaker? also is the standard tweeter changable?

you can change the tweeter but dont expect to fit it back in the original place, the size of the standard tweeter is about 2p and very thin, i have kept mine in and tbh they rather good

oh ok, sounds good to me! i'm after some speakers then, really want some with black grills, just brought a new alpine sub, so maybe alpine. or pioneer to match my cd player. budget is not that important, but dont wanna waste money, anyone got any recomendations?

Back